1) How does one reach Ras Al Khaimah?
Ras Al Khaimah is located 100km from Dubai and 80 Km from Sharjah which are well connected by air and road. One can reach Ras Al Khaimah within 60 minutes’ drive from Dubai airport and within 50 minutes from Sharjah airport through Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road.
2) What are the programs offered by RAKCODS?
RAKCODS offers Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS), since September 2006. The University also offers Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm), Bachelor of Nursing (BSc Nursing) since September 2007. The two-year bridge program in nursing (RN-BSN) to upgrade to Bachelor Degree in Nursing. Master of Science in Nursing, M.S. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and M.S. in Clinical Pharmacy commenced in 2011&12 respectively. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education, UAE.
3) Is the program offered by RAKCODS recognized?
Yes, the program offered by RAKCODS have been granted accreditation by the Ministry of Education, UAE.
4) Is the Dental College listed in W H O?
RAK College of Dental Sciences and is listed in the EMRO WHO listing (WHO Directory of Dental Schools). The college is also an approved training center for MFDS from Royal College of Surgeons Ireland.
5) Whether students can enroll for Graduate programs in other countries after completing BDS and can they work in other countries?
As all the programs have been granted accreditation by the Ministry of Education, UAE, graduates of RAKCODS shall be able to do their Masters programs in any part of the world, after fulfilling the requirements of that particular country including the qualifying exams of those countries.
6) Once any foreign student completes his/her studies at RAKCODS, will he/she be able to proceed further to its country for higher studies and be able to write screening test? Can he/she practice there?
Every country has its own body for practice purposes. For this he/she can proceed with further process of application in the concerned body
7) Does RAKCODS admit students of different nationalities?
RAKCODS is a diverse and currently it has students of 32 nationalities. However international student visa’s are subject to the UAE Immigration rules and regulation.
8) Does the University College has any association/collaboration with any reputed Dental University College/colleges internationally?
Establishing academic collaborations/associations with Universities of international repute is a continuous process in order to promote student/faculty exchange, joint research and curriculum development etc.
Academic collaborations currently available with the following institutions:
9) What are the minimum requirements for applying to the BDS program in RAKCODS?
- Ministry of Health, UAE
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- New York Medical College (NYMC), USA
- University College of Findlay, USA
- Louisiana State University College Health Sciences Center
- The Hashemite University College, Jordan
- Tawam Hospital, Al-Ain, UAE
- Julphar Pharmaceuticals, UAE
- UAE Genetic Diseases Association, UAE
- An average of 80% in the grade 12 science stream/ Advanced stream of UAE GSEC of Ministry of Education with a minimum of 70% in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Preference in admission will be given to those with higher aggregates in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Abu Dhabi Education Council stream students should similarly have 80% average with 70% in Advanced Biology (level 3) and Advanced Chemistry (level 3)
- English language requirements for BDS Program:Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper based test, 173 in computer based, 61 in internet based or its equivalent such as IELTS score of 5 Or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) score of 41 or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTEA) score range of 36 – 41 is mandatory for entry to undergraduate BDS program.
For further details, please refer to the link “ADMISSION BULLETIN
– in the website.
10) Whether marks of 12th grade/qualifying exams only are considered for admission? Is there any seperate entrance test?
Yes. Applications are evaluated strictly on marks secured in 12th grade/NGSSE/AS&A levels. TOEFL/IELTS score is also mandatory as elaborated above.
11) What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission?
The following original documents are required to be submitted at the time of admission along with two sets of photocopies:
12) Where can one get the online application form?
- Marks card of 12th grade or NGSSE or equivalent.
- Conduct/ character certificate or Reference Letter to be obtained on the School/College letter head.
- 05 recent and identical passport size photographs. Additional 05 photographs to be submitted by those who require student visa.
- Copy of the passport valid for at least one year.
- Copy of the current residential visa (for students who are already residing in UAE).
- Equivalency certificate: Students who are studying within UAE have to get the Equivalency Certificate for his/her 12th grade from Ministry of Education for Schools, UAE of his/her Education Zone as he/she have studied foreign curriculum in UAE. He/she also get the high school final transcripts (10th & 12th) attested by the Ministry of Education.
- Equivalency certificate: Students who are studying outside UAE have to get his/her high school final transcripts( 10th & 12th) attested by Education Authority of their home country, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in their home country) and UAE Embassy (in their country), after which, they have to apply for Equivalency Certificate from Ministry of Education, UAE
You can fill the online application form by clicking on the APPLY online button on the home page of our website. www.rakcods.com
13) When is the last date for submitting the application form to RAKCODS?
14) Can one apply to RAKCODS before obtaining the result of 12th grade/qualifying exam or TOEFL/IELTS marks card?
|a) Online application for BDS program starts from March 2019 for the academic session 2019-20.
b) Online applications will be received for BDS until July 2019.
c) The admissions are done on the basis of first-come-first-served basis, till the availability of the seats.
|d) Freshmen Orientation, Registration and Commencement of Classes for BDS program.
Yes. Provisional Admissions can be made on the basis of Predicted results from the Principal of the School. However, the application will only be finalized for admission only after submitting the mark sheet of the 12th grade/ qualifying examination and TOEFL / IELTS score card within the dates mentioned in the Admission Schedule.
15) Can one submit an application after the admission deadline?
Yes. However, the late applications received along with all the supporting documents after the admission deadline will be considered depending upon the availability of seats.
16) What is the total approximate expenditure for BDS / BDS / B.Pharm / BSN program?
Please refer FEE STRUCTURE
under the link ADMISSION
on the website.
17) Is there any facility for fee payment in instalments?
There are two semesters in an academic year and the fees are collected semester-wise. However, Fresh batch students will be allowed to pay the fee in two installments. In order to complete the registration process, a post-dated cheque for the second installment has to be mandatorily submitted along with the first installment.
18) When should one remit the admission/tuition fee for the first semester?
The first semester tuition fee and other fees mentioned in the admission bulletin have to be paid as per the communication received after the admission is confirmed as per the date given in admission offer letter.
19) Are there any scholarships/ fee concessions facility available in RAKCODS?
20% concession in the tuition fee is provided for all students securing above 95% in overall aggregate in 12th grade/UAE NGSSE/equivalent. 15% concession in the tuition fee is provided for all students securing above 90% in overall aggregate in 12th grade/UAE NGSSE/equivalent. The concession can be continued from first year onwards to a student who secures annual Grade Point Average of 3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale in the year end exams, will be entitled for a 20% concession in the tuition fee for the following year.
20) What is the fee refund policy of the University College?
Fee refund is done as per the refund policy of the University College. Please refer FEE STRUCTURE & REFUND POLICY
under ADMISSION BULLETIN
21) What are the bank details of the University College for remittance of fee?
For information regarding bank details please see the link http://rakcods.com/home/admission/fee-structure/
22) Are there any extra curricular activities/facilities available at RAKCODS?
Yes, Gymnasium and sports facilities for certain indoor games like table-tennis, chess are provided. Outdoor sports facilities are also made available. Cultural activities and other activities such as quizzes, debates, Scientific Conferences, CME’s, Career Development sessions and other important celebrations including National Day Celebrations etc. are also arranged.
23) Are there facilities for transportation available for students from other emirates?
Yes, the University College provides transportation facilities on semester payment basis. Please refer the FEE STRUCTURE details under the links ADMISSION BULLETIN
, and STUDENT LIFE
A special arrangement of Free Shuttle Bus Service
is made by the College which travels from the fixed points, at fixed timing, from and to Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman absolutely free of cost for pre-registered students
24) Does the University College provide student visas?
Yes, the University College provides student visas as per the UAE Immigration rules and regulations. Admission of International Students will depend on the student visa being granted as per UAE Immigration rules and regulations. The duration of the visa and the cost of visa will be intimated along with the admissions offer letter. Please refer to the link STUDENT LIFE..
25) Is housing facility/accommodation provided for students?
Yes, housing facility is provided by EDRAK residential halls as on sharing basis. Separate accommodation is provided for men and women. For details please visit the link http://www.edrak-amd.ae/
26) On completing studies at RAKCODS, will one be able to directly apply for a job in UAE or one has to write the Ministry of Health Exams?
Upon the successful completion of 12 months of rotational internship training, Emirati students are eligible to get job placements in UAE health sector and need not appear for MOH licensing exam.
Upon the successful completion of 12 months of rotational internship training, expatriate students are required to undergo two years of work experience in and/or outside of UAE, which will enable them to appear for the UAE Ministry of Health licensing examination.
27) Will one be able to practice as a doctor in other Gulf countries when he/she completes studies at RAKCODS?
Yes, however after fulfilling the respective country’s Ministry of Health prerequisites.
28) When will the University College commence Masters programs?
RAKCODS plans to commence Masters programs.
29) Does the University College admit transfer students?
The transfer student should first check with the admissions office regarding seat availability. Depending on seat availability, Dean (Exam) & Dean of respective college will assess the eligibility of a transfer student after evaluation of curriculum & transcripts as per the transfer policy of the University College.