An aggregate of 85% in the grade 12 science stream/ Advanced stream of UAE GSEC of Ministry of Education. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics or EMSAT score whichever is higher.
Abu Dhabi Education Council stream students should similarly have 85% aggregate. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Advanced Biology (level 3) and Advanced Chemistry (level 3) or EMSAT score whichever is higher.
Foreign 12th grade Curriculum Equivalencies:
For BDS: All India Senior School Certificate XII std CBSE/ISCE exams with 70% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses.
Indian State board: 75% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses
- Students applying for the BDS program must have completed at least two Advanced Supplementary or AS level OR one A level in Biology with at least ‘B and above’ grade after having completed 5 IGCSE/GCSE or O levels with minimum grade of ‘B and above’ in O level courses.
- Only courses classified as academic will be considered for admission. Courses must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least two of them including Biology at the AS level/A level.
Higher Secondary School Certificate with aggregate of 70% can apply. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics (Part 1 and Part 2 total).
An aggregate score of 85% is required. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics. If Biology is not taken in 12th Grade, a SAT II score of 550 in Biology is required.
African Curriculum (WAEC/WASSCE etc.)
C grade & above combination of grades in 12th grades in Biology and Chemistry can be considered. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics.
Canadian Curriculum (Ontario/Alberta etc.)
An aggregate score of 80% is required. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics.
Applicants from any other foreign educational curriculum not listed above must have secured a minimum aggregate equivalent to UAE curriculum 85 % as per International Conversion Table of World Education Standards.
Conditional Admissions for BDS
Those who do not secure the above marks for Direct Admissions can be Conditionally Admitted by the Two Categories below:
- Those who secured between 70% and 84% for UAE curriculum and those who secured above 60% and below 69% for Indian & Pakistan Curriculum.
- Those with TOEFL between 450 but less than 500, EmSAT 950 but less than 1100 or between 4.5 and 5 in IELTS.
- Conditionally admitted students will take only GE courses upto (12 credit hours) in the first semester. On obtaining 2.5 GPA in semester one, student will proceed to second semester as a regular student. If not student will be academically dismissed.
English Language test Requirement
Proficiency of English Language to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper based test, 61 in Internet based test, 173 in computer based test. Or academic IELTS score of 5, or EmSAT achieve – English score of minimum 1100.
NOTE: Attestations & Equivalency Certificate mandatory prior to admission:
a. Prior to admission, all students who studied foreign curriculum in UAE must produce the Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education of the emirate in which studied. To obtain the same, students should visit the Ministry of Education and submit their Arabic and Islamic results for the grades 10, 11 and 12(For Muslims).
b. For students who studied foreign curriculum in UAE, attestation(official seal & stamp) of certificates grade 10 onwards until grade 12 by Ministry of Education is also mandatory.
c. Students who studied foreign curriculum outside UAE, must obtain attestation( official seal & stamp) of school grade sheets, 10th grade upwards until 12th by Ministry of Education in the country of study and UAE consulate in that country.
- A merit list is prepared in the descending order of the merit of the candidates based on their aggregate percentage of marks in the Qualifying Examination / 12th standard, as mentioned in II above.
- From this merit list, based on the annual intake, candidates will be admitted.
- Candidates who are selected for admission will receive the Admission Offer Letter from the University. If the candidate is accepting the offer of admission, he/she must comply with all the requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter including submission of required documents and payment of fee on or before the stipulated date mentioned in the Admission Offer Letter.
- On compliance of the above, the candidate will receive intimation from the University regarding further course of action to be taken by him/her for joining the University.
- The candidates should strictly adhere to the deadlines indicated for admission.
- If for any reason, a candidate could not send his/her application so as to reach the University within the stipulated deadline and if he/she is still desirous of being considered for admission, he/she is required to send along with his/her application all the enclosures and requisite fee as mentioned under IX, Instructions to Applicants (page 7). Late applicants can be considered for admission, if seats are still available.
- Admissions are offered to the candidates subject to the compliance of all requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter.
- All the documents submitted by the candidates will be verified with the originals submitted by the candidates on the date of Registration and Orientation. In case of non-compliance of any of the admission criteria, the admission of the candidate will automatically stand cancelled.
Instructions to the Applicants
Please read Admission Bulletin 2020-2021 carefully before filling in the Application Form.
1. Documents to be submitted by selected candidates along with application form. The following original documents are required to be brought at the time of admission along with two sets of photocopies:
- Birth certificate
- Marks card of NGSSE or 12th standard or equivalent
- Conduct and character certificate to be obtained on the School/College letterhead. No other certificate in lieu of this will be accepted
- Transcript or school/college leaving certificate issued by the School/College and authenticated by the relevant agency/board/Ministry.
- 10 recent and identical passport size photographs. Additional 10 photographs to be submitted by those who require student visa.
- Copy of the passport valid at least for one year
- Copy of the current resident visa (for students who are already residing in UAE)
TOEFL score (not earlier than two years) of 500 in paper based test/ 173 in computer based test / 61 in internet based test or its equivalent standardized test such as Academic IELTS score of 5.0