Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS )
Admissions Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. A minimum High School Average of 85% for Advanced Track or 80% for Elite Track or equivalent in Standardized International Systems is required.
2. An Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) score of 1100 for English Language or an equivalent English Proficiency Test, 800 for *Arabic Language, 900 in **Mathematics or equivalent, plus scores of 900 in two of the three science subjects (Chemistry, Biology or Physics).
3. Passing a personal interview set by the College of Dental Sciences.
*For Arabic the international students can register for a non-credited Basic Arabic Language course at the college.
**In the case that EmSAT scores in Mathematics and two science subjects are not available, a candidate can sit in an equivalent Admission Exam by the college.
Foreign 12th grade Curriculum Equivalencies:
For BDS: All India Senior School Certificate XII std CBSE/ISCE exams with 70% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses.
Indian State board: 75% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses
- Students applying for the BDS program must have completed at least two Advanced Supplementary or AS level OR one A level in Biology with at least ‘B and above’ grade after having completed 5 IGCSE/GCSE or O levels with minimum grade of ‘B and above’ in O level courses.
- Only courses classified as academic will be considered for admission. Courses must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least two of them including Biology at the AS level/A level.
Higher Secondary School Certificate with aggregate of 70% can apply. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics (Part 1 and Part 2 total).
An aggregate score of 85% is required. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics. If Biology is not taken in 12th Grade, a SAT II score of 550 in Biology is required.
African Curriculum (WAEC/WASSCE etc.)
C grade & above combination of grades in 12th grades in Biology and Chemistry can be considered. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics.
Canadian Curriculum (Ontario/Alberta etc.)
An aggregate score of 80% is required. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics.
Applicants from any other foreign educational curriculum not listed above must have secured a minimum aggregate equivalent to UAE curriculum 85 % as per International Conversion Table of World Education Standards.
English Language test Requirement
Proficiency of English Language to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper based test, 61 in Internet based test, 173 in computer based test. Or academic IELTS score of 5, or EmSAT achieve – English score of minimum 1100.